Bathroom severely damaged in Sidford blaze

PUBLISHED: 14:43 05 May 2015 | UPDATED: 14:43 05 May 2015

Archant

Fire crews were called to a property in Sidford this afternoon (Tuesday) after they received reports of a blaze in a bathroom.

Two appliances from Sidmouth attended the incident in Orchard Close at 12.30pm.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Upon arrival crews confirmed fire in bathroom of first floor flat.

“Crews set to work to extinguish the work using one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus.

“Crews also used the positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property.

“The bathroom was severely damaged by fire. The cause was accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald