Bathroom severely damaged in Sidford blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to a property in Sidford this afternoon (Tuesday) after they received reports of a blaze in a bathroom.
Two appliances from Sidmouth attended the incident in Orchard Close at 12.30pm.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Upon arrival crews confirmed fire in bathroom of first floor flat.
“Crews set to work to extinguish the work using one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus.
“Crews also used the positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property.
You may also want to watch:
“The bathroom was severely damaged by fire. The cause was accidental.”
- 1 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 2 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home