BBC’s Jeremy Vine in Tipton
POPULAR BBC Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine spent the day at Tipton St John’s Angela Court Nursing Home during their summer garden party on Saturday.
A variety of stalls were set up to help raise money for the care home’s Comforts Fund and the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary, writes Gemma Clapp.
Refreshments were on offer throughout the afternoon, along with a tabletop sale, a raffle and a treasure hunt to keep guests and residents entertained.
Mr Vine, who officially opened the event, spent the day mingling with residents and guests.
Nursing home manager, Bob Allan, was pleased with the success of the garden party.
You may also want to watch:
He said:. “I would like to thank Jeremy for taking time out of his busy timetable to join us in our event and meet our residents, who really valued his company.”
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open