BBC’s Jeremy Vine in Tipton
POPULAR BBC Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine spent the day at Tipton St John’s Angela Court Nursing Home during their summer garden party on Saturday.
A variety of stalls were set up to help raise money for the care home’s Comforts Fund and the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary, writes Gemma Clapp.
Refreshments were on offer throughout the afternoon, along with a tabletop sale, a raffle and a treasure hunt to keep guests and residents entertained.
Mr Vine, who officially opened the event, spent the day mingling with residents and guests.
Nursing home manager, Bob Allan, was pleased with the success of the garden party.
You may also want to watch:
He said:. “I would like to thank Jeremy for taking time out of his busy timetable to join us in our event and meet our residents, who really valued his company.”
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses