Beautiful Days at Ottery St Mary
Thousands of people are expected to flock to Escot Park, near Ottery St Mary, throughout the weekend now the 2011 Beautiful Days festival has begun.
Such is the popularity of the annual family festival, tickets for the four-day event sold out weeks ago.
The gates opened on Thursday for early-bird campers to set up their tents, while the festival’s live music acts kicked off from 2pm on Friday.
With main headline acts including Carter USM, Big Audio Dynamite, Gogol Bordello and Levellers, and other acts including Tim Minchin, Flogging Molly, Afro Celt Sound System, Pop Will Eat Itself, I Am Kloot, The Low Anthem, Oysterband, Stereo MCs, Teddy Thompson, Eddi Reader, System 7, The Beat and Kissy Sell Out, festival-goers have plenty to keep them entertained.
The dry weather is expected to hold throughout the weekend until Sunday, when rain is forecast.
You may also want to watch:
• Going to the festival? Share your photos with us by emailing email@example.com or post them on our Facebook page by searching for Sidmouth Herald (Archant Sidmouth)
For more information about the Beautiful Days festival, visit www.beautifuldays.org
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 5 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop