Beautiful Days at Ottery St Mary
Thousands of people are expected to flock to Escot Park, near Ottery St Mary, throughout the weekend now the 2011 Beautiful Days festival has begun.
Such is the popularity of the annual family festival, tickets for the four-day event sold out weeks ago.
The gates opened on Thursday for early-bird campers to set up their tents, while the festival’s live music acts kicked off from 2pm on Friday.
With main headline acts including Carter USM, Big Audio Dynamite, Gogol Bordello and Levellers, and other acts including Tim Minchin, Flogging Molly, Afro Celt Sound System, Pop Will Eat Itself, I Am Kloot, The Low Anthem, Oysterband, Stereo MCs, Teddy Thompson, Eddi Reader, System 7, The Beat and Kissy Sell Out, festival-goers have plenty to keep them entertained.
The dry weather is expected to hold throughout the weekend until Sunday, when rain is forecast.
You may also want to watch:
• Going to the festival? Share your photos with us by emailing email@example.com or post them on our Facebook page by searching for Sidmouth Herald (Archant Sidmouth)
For more information about the Beautiful Days festival, visit www.beautifuldays.org
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98