Beautiful sights from Sidmouth’s new meadow
- Credit: Archant
Walkers have been able to enjoy the ‘resplendent’ sights of Sidmouth’s newest wildflower meadow as it came into full bloom this summer.
Sidmouth Town Council reseeded its Alma Field, with coastal wildflowers.
The field, just off Alma Lane, is a coastal highlight as visitors walk up Salcombe Hill along the coast path.
town clerk, said: “Sidmouth Town Council has given Alma Field a makeover and it is now looking resplendent with wildflowers and poppies in the warm weather.
You may also want to watch:
“Earlier this year, the field
was ploughed and reseeded with a mix or natural coastal wildflowers and red poppies to help commemorate the 100th year since the end of World War One.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
“The newly installed
benches and cut path allow visitors to enjoy this beautiful spot and view over the valley and seafront.”