Become a woodland detective!
IF you go down to the woods next week you can become a woodland detective. The Fine Foundation Centre in Beer is hosting a woodland detective event at Couchill Woods next Sunday, February 22. Children and adults alike have the opportunity to explore the w
IF you go down to the woods next week you can become a woodland detective.
The Fine Foundation Centre in Beer is hosting a woodland detective event at Couchill Woods next Sunday, February 22.
Children and adults alike have the opportunity to explore the woods and find out about wildlife and the habitat.
Patricia Farrell, co-chairman of Beer Village Heritage, said: "During the walk we are going to be reading clues and we will be looking at what has been eaten to see what types of animals live in the wood. We will also be looking at the structure of the trees to see how they have been managed."
You may also want to watch:
The walk is suitable for families and children aged seven or over. Suitable footwear is needed.
People are asked to meet at the entrance to Counchill Woods, Counchill Lane, Seaton at 10am.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
For more information contact Patricia on (01297) 24841 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations will be collected towards the centre.