Beer and burger fest in the pipeline
- Credit: Archant
Winning an award from a leading brewery has spurred on staff at a Sidmouth pub on to organise a beer and burger festival.
The Anchor Inn was named Heineken’s cask pub of the year and Matt Fudge, whose family have owned it for a decade, decided the announcement would be a great way to start 2015.
He hopes to make it a family-friendly event and is calling on bands and comedians who want to perform to a crowd of as many as 400 people to get in touch.
The festival is scheduled for the bank holiday weekend on May 23 and 24, and will also feature a bouncy castle, a craft area, face painting and a real ale trail.
Entry will be £10 for either day, including a real ale and a burger.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in performing should call the pub on 01395 514129 or find Matt on Facebook.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses