Beer and burger fest in the pipeline
- Credit: Archant
Winning an award from a leading brewery has spurred on staff at a Sidmouth pub on to organise a beer and burger festival.
The Anchor Inn was named Heineken’s cask pub of the year and Matt Fudge, whose family have owned it for a decade, decided the announcement would be a great way to start 2015.
He hopes to make it a family-friendly event and is calling on bands and comedians who want to perform to a crowd of as many as 400 people to get in touch.
The festival is scheduled for the bank holiday weekend on May 23 and 24, and will also feature a bouncy castle, a craft area, face painting and a real ale trail.
Entry will be £10 for either day, including a real ale and a burger.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in performing should call the pub on 01395 514129 or find Matt on Facebook.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners