Beer and burger fest in the pipeline
- Credit: Archant
Winning an award from a leading brewery has spurred on staff at a Sidmouth pub on to organise a beer and burger festival.
The Anchor Inn was named Heineken’s cask pub of the year and Matt Fudge, whose family have owned it for a decade, decided the announcement would be a great way to start 2015.
He hopes to make it a family-friendly event and is calling on bands and comedians who want to perform to a crowd of as many as 400 people to get in touch.
The festival is scheduled for the bank holiday weekend on May 23 and 24, and will also feature a bouncy castle, a craft area, face painting and a real ale trail.
Entry will be £10 for either day, including a real ale and a burger.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in performing should call the pub on 01395 514129 or find Matt on Facebook.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again