Beer Blazer fun run brought forward
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising fun run in Beer has been brought forward to tempt in more entrants.
The Blazer 10km, 5km and one-mile multi-terrain races in aid of the primary school was held in September last year, but for 2013 will be on May 12, and start at 10.30am.
Organisers said they hope to attract more runners by hosting it in term time rather than just after the end of the summer holiday.
The 10km run is for anyone aged 17 or over, and is a traffic-free course that covers some of next month’s Grizzly territory.
It takes runners under and over cliffs to capture some breath-taking views.
The 5km fun run has a minimum age of 11, and that is the upper age limit for the junior mile run.
Last year’s race raised £750 for Beer Primary School, which the PTFA spent on building a play house for the children.
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 5 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 6 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 7 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 Garden and crafts show makes successful comeback
- 10 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
The entrance form for this year’s race can now be found on the school’s website.