Beer Blazer fun run brought forward
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising fun run in Beer has been brought forward to tempt in more entrants.
The Blazer 10km, 5km and one-mile multi-terrain races in aid of the primary school was held in September last year, but for 2013 will be on May 12, and start at 10.30am.
Organisers said they hope to attract more runners by hosting it in term time rather than just after the end of the summer holiday.
The 10km run is for anyone aged 17 or over, and is a traffic-free course that covers some of next month’s Grizzly territory.
It takes runners under and over cliffs to capture some breath-taking views.
You may also want to watch:
The 5km fun run has a minimum age of 11, and that is the upper age limit for the junior mile run.
Last year’s race raised £750 for Beer Primary School, which the PTFA spent on building a play house for the children.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
The entrance form for this year’s race can now be found on the school’s website.