Beer Blazer fun run brought forward
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising fun run in Beer has been brought forward to tempt in more entrants.
The Blazer 10km, 5km and one-mile multi-terrain races in aid of the primary school was held in September last year, but for 2013 will be on May 12, and start at 10.30am.
Organisers said they hope to attract more runners by hosting it in term time rather than just after the end of the summer holiday.
The 10km run is for anyone aged 17 or over, and is a traffic-free course that covers some of next month’s Grizzly territory.
It takes runners under and over cliffs to capture some breath-taking views.
You may also want to watch:
The 5km fun run has a minimum age of 11, and that is the upper age limit for the junior mile run.
Last year’s race raised £750 for Beer Primary School, which the PTFA spent on building a play house for the children.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
The entrance form for this year’s race can now be found on the school’s website.