Beer Blazer fun run brought forward
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising fun run in Beer has been brought forward to tempt in more entrants.
The Blazer 10km, 5km and one-mile multi-terrain races in aid of the primary school was held in September last year, but for 2013 will be on May 12, and start at 10.30am.
Organisers said they hope to attract more runners by hosting it in term time rather than just after the end of the summer holiday.
The 10km run is for anyone aged 17 or over, and is a traffic-free course that covers some of next month’s Grizzly territory.
It takes runners under and over cliffs to capture some breath-taking views.
You may also want to watch:
The 5km fun run has a minimum age of 11, and that is the upper age limit for the junior mile run.
Last year’s race raised £750 for Beer Primary School, which the PTFA spent on building a play house for the children.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
- 9 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
The entrance form for this year’s race can now be found on the school’s website.