Beer Buffs donate £1,400 to Breathe Easy Group
- Credit: Archant
The money will aid the work of the British Lung Foundation.
Ye Rattenbury Lodge of the RAOB has presented a cheque for £1,400 towards the work of the British Lung Foundation.
In a ceremony at Beer Scout Hut the Brothers of the Lodge handed over the money to Kate Hill, secretary to the Breathe Easy East Devon Support Group.
The Beer Buffs have an appeal fund every year which is supported by The Axe Valley Runners at the Seaton Grizzly race and a number of pub quizzes.
* The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (RAOB) is one of the largest fraternal organisations in the United Kingdom. The order started in 1822 and is known as the Buffs to members.
You may also want to watch:
The RAOB organisation aids members, their families, dependents of former members and other charitable organisations.
The Order’s motto is “No Man Is At All Times Wise” and it has the maxim of “Justice, Truth and Philanthropy”.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme