Beer couple tribute to 'Floyd'
A BEER couple have organised a Pink Floyd tribute concert in aid of two local charities to be held in late spring. Christine and Andrew Perkins, of Fore Street, arranged a similar concert last year and it was hailed as an enormous success . Over �1,600 w
A BEER couple have organised a Pink Floyd tribute concert in aid of two local charities to be held in late spring.
Christine and Andrew Perkins, of Fore Street, arranged a similar concert last year and it was hailed as an "enormous success".
Over �1,600 was raised for Hospiscare and Seaton Hospital League of Friends and the couple, by popular request, have been asked to organise a second concert in aid of the same two charities.
The band, Think Floyd, is regarded as the UK's number one Pink Floyd tribute band and they are renowned for their stunning celebration of the music of one of the world's greatest music icons.
You may also want to watch:
It is the 30th anniversary of one of Pink Floyd's most popular album's, The Wall, this year and Think Floyd's show will feature a selection of tracks from this album.
Christine and Andrew said: "We want to reach as wide a potential audience as possible, as last year people came from all over East Devon and Dorset."
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
The concert takes place at Seaton Town Hall on May 9 at 7.30pm.
Tickets (�12 in advance or �14 on the door) can be bought from the website, www.thinkfloyd.net, and also from Seaton Tourist Information Centre on (01297) 21660 or from Hospiscare and Seaton Hospital League of Friends charity shops, situated in Fore Street, Seaton.