Beer couple tribute to 'Floyd'
A BEER couple have organised a Pink Floyd tribute concert in aid of two local charities to be held in late spring. Christine and Andrew Perkins, of Fore Street, arranged a similar concert last year and it was hailed as an enormous success . Over �1,600 w
A BEER couple have organised a Pink Floyd tribute concert in aid of two local charities to be held in late spring.
Christine and Andrew Perkins, of Fore Street, arranged a similar concert last year and it was hailed as an "enormous success".
Over �1,600 was raised for Hospiscare and Seaton Hospital League of Friends and the couple, by popular request, have been asked to organise a second concert in aid of the same two charities.
The band, Think Floyd, is regarded as the UK's number one Pink Floyd tribute band and they are renowned for their stunning celebration of the music of one of the world's greatest music icons.
You may also want to watch:
It is the 30th anniversary of one of Pink Floyd's most popular album's, The Wall, this year and Think Floyd's show will feature a selection of tracks from this album.
Christine and Andrew said: "We want to reach as wide a potential audience as possible, as last year people came from all over East Devon and Dorset."
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
The concert takes place at Seaton Town Hall on May 9 at 7.30pm.
Tickets (�12 in advance or �14 on the door) can be bought from the website, www.thinkfloyd.net, and also from Seaton Tourist Information Centre on (01297) 21660 or from Hospiscare and Seaton Hospital League of Friends charity shops, situated in Fore Street, Seaton.