Beer ducks ahoy!
HUNDREDS of ducks floated down Beer Brook on Sunday in a dazzling sight marking the annual village s lifeboat week. Villagers and holiday makers gathered to watch Lyme Regis RNLI perform a display before one of its members, John Cable, started the race. W
HUNDREDS of ducks floated down Beer Brook on Sunday in a dazzling sight marking the annual village's lifeboat week.
Villagers and holiday makers gathered to watch Lyme Regis RNLI perform a display before one of its members, John Cable, started the race.
Wendy Cummins, secretary of Seaton, Beer and District Branch of the RNLI, said: "It was excellent. We had a great amount of support and everyone had a great time."
It is not known how much money was raised through the race but it is hoped it will be in the region of �400.
You may also want to watch:
To the disappointment of Wendy no children entered this year's Duck Art Competition but it is still intended to run the event next year.
Today (Friday) is the last day of Beer Lifeboat Week and besides the duck races other fundraising activities included a street collection and two coffee mornings.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
A quiz night at Beer Social Club will take place tonight bringing the successful week to an end. Doors open at 7.30pm for 8pm. Entry is �1 per person and teams of four are invited to take part. There will be a RNLI Shield for the winning team.