Beer ducks ahoy!
HUNDREDS of ducks floated down Beer Brook on Sunday in a dazzling sight marking the annual village s lifeboat week. Villagers and holiday makers gathered to watch Lyme Regis RNLI perform a display before one of its members, John Cable, started the race. W
HUNDREDS of ducks floated down Beer Brook on Sunday in a dazzling sight marking the annual village's lifeboat week.
Villagers and holiday makers gathered to watch Lyme Regis RNLI perform a display before one of its members, John Cable, started the race.
Wendy Cummins, secretary of Seaton, Beer and District Branch of the RNLI, said: "It was excellent. We had a great amount of support and everyone had a great time."
It is not known how much money was raised through the race but it is hoped it will be in the region of �400.
You may also want to watch:
To the disappointment of Wendy no children entered this year's Duck Art Competition but it is still intended to run the event next year.
Today (Friday) is the last day of Beer Lifeboat Week and besides the duck races other fundraising activities included a street collection and two coffee mornings.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
A quiz night at Beer Social Club will take place tonight bringing the successful week to an end. Doors open at 7.30pm for 8pm. Entry is �1 per person and teams of four are invited to take part. There will be a RNLI Shield for the winning team.