Beer duo in Crufts challenge
- Credit: onEdition
A BEER dog lover and her five-year-old pooch strutted their stuff at Crufts after appearing in the main ring in front of hundreds of adoring fans.
Julie Barrett and Jessie headed to the final of the Friends for Life category, which was broadcast live to the nation for the public vote.
The pair made it through to the final because of the remarkable bond between them – a rescue dog that suffered from horrific abuse, before helping Julie to get her life back on track following the death of her father.
The Milgrove Street resident suffers from health problems, but has found a new lease of life through her pet, a cross between a Mastiff and a Great Dane.
And while they fell just short of winning the overall prize, 33-year-old Julie could not be prouder of Jessie’s achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so nerve-racking being out there, but I kept her calm and she kept me calm so we worked together as usual,” she said. “I’m so proud, she behaved so well considering it’s such an unusual environment for her.”
See and interview with Julie at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCUqMR6BWRo&feature=youtu.be
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC