Beer duo in Crufts challenge
- Credit: onEdition
A BEER dog lover and her five-year-old pooch strutted their stuff at Crufts after appearing in the main ring in front of hundreds of adoring fans.
Julie Barrett and Jessie headed to the final of the Friends for Life category, which was broadcast live to the nation for the public vote.
The pair made it through to the final because of the remarkable bond between them – a rescue dog that suffered from horrific abuse, before helping Julie to get her life back on track following the death of her father.
The Milgrove Street resident suffers from health problems, but has found a new lease of life through her pet, a cross between a Mastiff and a Great Dane.
And while they fell just short of winning the overall prize, 33-year-old Julie could not be prouder of Jessie’s achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so nerve-racking being out there, but I kept her calm and she kept me calm so we worked together as usual,” she said. “I’m so proud, she behaved so well considering it’s such an unusual environment for her.”
See and interview with Julie at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCUqMR6BWRo&feature=youtu.be
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth