Beer Flower Festival proves a hit
STUNNING floral exhibits took centre stage in St Michael s Church last weekend for Beer s annual flower festival. Organised by the altar guild, the flower festival, with the theme Things of Joy , was held last weekend. In total 25 exhibits were on show,
STUNNING floral exhibits took centre stage in St Michael's Church last weekend for Beer's annual flower festival.
Organised by the altar guild, the flower festival, with the theme 'Things of Joy', was held last weekend.
In total 25 exhibits were on show, including 'The Joy of Welcome', 'The Joy of Love' and 'The Joy of Baptism'.
People visiting the flower festival could also take advantage of the Mariners Hall where refreshments were on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday alone raised �1,700, with all proceeds going to the church.
Beryl Prior, an altar guild member, said: "We've had a wonderful response and quite a few visitors through the door. People couldn't get to the beach because of the weather so they came here instead!
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 9 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month