Beer Flower Festival proves a hit
STUNNING floral exhibits took centre stage in St Michael s Church last weekend for Beer s annual flower festival. Organised by the altar guild, the flower festival, with the theme Things of Joy , was held last weekend. In total 25 exhibits were on show,
STUNNING floral exhibits took centre stage in St Michael's Church last weekend for Beer's annual flower festival.
Organised by the altar guild, the flower festival, with the theme 'Things of Joy', was held last weekend.
In total 25 exhibits were on show, including 'The Joy of Welcome', 'The Joy of Love' and 'The Joy of Baptism'.
People visiting the flower festival could also take advantage of the Mariners Hall where refreshments were on offer.
Saturday alone raised �1,700, with all proceeds going to the church.
Beryl Prior, an altar guild member, said: "We've had a wonderful response and quite a few visitors through the door. People couldn't get to the beach because of the weather so they came here instead!
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth