Beer Flower Festival proves a hit
STUNNING floral exhibits took centre stage in St Michael s Church last weekend for Beer s annual flower festival. Organised by the altar guild, the flower festival, with the theme Things of Joy , was held last weekend. In total 25 exhibits were on show,
STUNNING floral exhibits took centre stage in St Michael's Church last weekend for Beer's annual flower festival.
Organised by the altar guild, the flower festival, with the theme 'Things of Joy', was held last weekend.
In total 25 exhibits were on show, including 'The Joy of Welcome', 'The Joy of Love' and 'The Joy of Baptism'.
People visiting the flower festival could also take advantage of the Mariners Hall where refreshments were on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday alone raised �1,700, with all proceeds going to the church.
Beryl Prior, an altar guild member, said: "We've had a wonderful response and quite a few visitors through the door. People couldn't get to the beach because of the weather so they came here instead!
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 7 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes