Beer Flower Festival proves a hit
STUNNING floral exhibits took centre stage in St Michael s Church last weekend for Beer s annual flower festival. Organised by the altar guild, the flower festival, with the theme Things of Joy , was held last weekend. In total 25 exhibits were on show,
STUNNING floral exhibits took centre stage in St Michael's Church last weekend for Beer's annual flower festival.
Organised by the altar guild, the flower festival, with the theme 'Things of Joy', was held last weekend.
In total 25 exhibits were on show, including 'The Joy of Welcome', 'The Joy of Love' and 'The Joy of Baptism'.
People visiting the flower festival could also take advantage of the Mariners Hall where refreshments were on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday alone raised �1,700, with all proceeds going to the church.
Beryl Prior, an altar guild member, said: "We've had a wonderful response and quite a few visitors through the door. People couldn't get to the beach because of the weather so they came here instead!
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth Tennis Club serves up treat at Easter triples' tournament