Beer gallery to host Peter Barker landscape exhibition
THE Marine House in Beer will be hosting an exhibition of new work by the renowned landscape painter Peter Barker together with the chance to meet the artist at the private view.
The gallery owner, Mike Lambert, discovered Mr Barker’s work six years ago by chance and has exhibited it ever since.
“My wife and and I were cycling through Rutland”, explained Mr Lambert.
“We popped into a tiny gallery where we found these paintings that were quite unusual and splendid.
“We immediately tracked down the artist and displayed his work, and he’s been a huge hit.” Mr Barker has become one of the gallery’s most admired artists and has built up a strong following over the years for his skill in capturing the essence of the English countryside in all its moods.
You may also want to watch:
Some of his work features fishermen on the beach at Beer and he is said to have a fascination with East Devon.
The private view of Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness is on Saturday, May 5, from 11am to 5pm, and the exhibition runs until Friday, May 18.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures