Beer gallery to host Peter Barker landscape exhibition
THE Marine House in Beer will be hosting an exhibition of new work by the renowned landscape painter Peter Barker together with the chance to meet the artist at the private view.
The gallery owner, Mike Lambert, discovered Mr Barker’s work six years ago by chance and has exhibited it ever since.
“My wife and and I were cycling through Rutland”, explained Mr Lambert.
“We popped into a tiny gallery where we found these paintings that were quite unusual and splendid.
“We immediately tracked down the artist and displayed his work, and he’s been a huge hit.” Mr Barker has become one of the gallery’s most admired artists and has built up a strong following over the years for his skill in capturing the essence of the English countryside in all its moods.
You may also want to watch:
Some of his work features fishermen on the beach at Beer and he is said to have a fascination with East Devon.
The private view of Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness is on Saturday, May 5, from 11am to 5pm, and the exhibition runs until Friday, May 18.
- 1 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations