Beer gets ready for Christmas sparkle
Beer is gearing up for its big Christmas event with the late-night shopping and light switch-on in the village.
And there will be a Dickensian feel to the festivities as the theme for the Christmas fair in the Mariners Hall is Victorian.
Organiser Carole Arnold said they wanted to be a bit different this year, so all the stallholders will be dressing up in 19th century clothing.
The evening, which is on Friday, December 9, will start with Father Christmas to turn on the lights at 6.30pm.
The village is known for making a big effort with putting festive lights up, and organiser Carole Arnold said: “Beer is just magical with its Christmas lights.”
You may also want to watch:
There will then be carols sung under the tree, and most of Beer’s shops will open until 9pm for some-late night retail therapy, and offering customers mulled wine and mince pies.
A wide-range of stalls will be set up in the Mariners Hall, including crafts, jewellery, art, and Santa will be in his grotto to give gifts to children.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
The fair is free entry, and stalls are still available, costing �10 from Carole, contact 07710 809765 for details.