Beer gets ready for Christmas sparkle
Beer is gearing up for its big Christmas event with the late-night shopping and light switch-on in the village.
And there will be a Dickensian feel to the festivities as the theme for the Christmas fair in the Mariners Hall is Victorian.
Organiser Carole Arnold said they wanted to be a bit different this year, so all the stallholders will be dressing up in 19th century clothing.
The evening, which is on Friday, December 9, will start with Father Christmas to turn on the lights at 6.30pm.
The village is known for making a big effort with putting festive lights up, and organiser Carole Arnold said: “Beer is just magical with its Christmas lights.”
You may also want to watch:
There will then be carols sung under the tree, and most of Beer’s shops will open until 9pm for some-late night retail therapy, and offering customers mulled wine and mince pies.
A wide-range of stalls will be set up in the Mariners Hall, including crafts, jewellery, art, and Santa will be in his grotto to give gifts to children.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Peninsula League season could be over
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
The fair is free entry, and stalls are still available, costing �10 from Carole, contact 07710 809765 for details.