Beer gets ready for Christmas sparkle
Beer is gearing up for its big Christmas event with the late-night shopping and light switch-on in the village.
And there will be a Dickensian feel to the festivities as the theme for the Christmas fair in the Mariners Hall is Victorian.
Organiser Carole Arnold said they wanted to be a bit different this year, so all the stallholders will be dressing up in 19th century clothing.
The evening, which is on Friday, December 9, will start with Father Christmas to turn on the lights at 6.30pm.
The village is known for making a big effort with putting festive lights up, and organiser Carole Arnold said: “Beer is just magical with its Christmas lights.”
You may also want to watch:
There will then be carols sung under the tree, and most of Beer’s shops will open until 9pm for some-late night retail therapy, and offering customers mulled wine and mince pies.
A wide-range of stalls will be set up in the Mariners Hall, including crafts, jewellery, art, and Santa will be in his grotto to give gifts to children.
- 1 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
The fair is free entry, and stalls are still available, costing �10 from Carole, contact 07710 809765 for details.