Beer is bloomin’ golden
BEER has struck gold in the South West in Bloom competition.
The certificate for achieving gold in the Cox Cup was handed to Beer Horticultural Society chairman Ursula Makepeace at an awards ceremony at the Assmbly Rooms in Bath on Thursday, September 16. The event was attended by 350 representatives from across the region, with every competitor present.
Ursula said: “It was a very informative and festive event. I have picked up quite a few new ideas, but whether they will be put into effect depends on greater support from villagers.”
Horitcultural society members showed judges Martin Ford and Lynsdsay Weaver around the village in July.
Ursula said: “We are absolutely delighted to have won a gold certificate for the second year running. South West in Bloom is a big event and we hope to keep the success going in future years.”
You may also want to watch:
The in bloom success comes at the same time as Beer winning the new entry section of the Campaign to Protect Rural England and Mole Valley Farmers’ Best Kept Devon Village Competition.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government