Beer is bloomin’ golden
BEER has struck gold in the South West in Bloom competition.
The certificate for achieving gold in the Cox Cup was handed to Beer Horticultural Society chairman Ursula Makepeace at an awards ceremony at the Assmbly Rooms in Bath on Thursday, September 16. The event was attended by 350 representatives from across the region, with every competitor present.
Ursula said: “It was a very informative and festive event. I have picked up quite a few new ideas, but whether they will be put into effect depends on greater support from villagers.”
Horitcultural society members showed judges Martin Ford and Lynsdsay Weaver around the village in July.
Ursula said: “We are absolutely delighted to have won a gold certificate for the second year running. South West in Bloom is a big event and we hope to keep the success going in future years.”
You may also want to watch:
The in bloom success comes at the same time as Beer winning the new entry section of the Campaign to Protect Rural England and Mole Valley Farmers’ Best Kept Devon Village Competition.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary