Beer is bloomin’ golden
BEER has struck gold in the South West in Bloom competition.
The certificate for achieving gold in the Cox Cup was handed to Beer Horticultural Society chairman Ursula Makepeace at an awards ceremony at the Assmbly Rooms in Bath on Thursday, September 16. The event was attended by 350 representatives from across the region, with every competitor present.
Ursula said: “It was a very informative and festive event. I have picked up quite a few new ideas, but whether they will be put into effect depends on greater support from villagers.”
Horitcultural society members showed judges Martin Ford and Lynsdsay Weaver around the village in July.
Ursula said: “We are absolutely delighted to have won a gold certificate for the second year running. South West in Bloom is a big event and we hope to keep the success going in future years.”
You may also want to watch:
The in bloom success comes at the same time as Beer winning the new entry section of the Campaign to Protect Rural England and Mole Valley Farmers’ Best Kept Devon Village Competition.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98