Beer Lifeboat Week activities on offer
BEER Lifeboat Week is once again upon us and all of the community is being encouraged to take part. The action packed event starts tomorrow (Saturday) and ends on Friday, July 10. The annual street collection will take place in Beer tomorrow and the RNLI
BEER Lifeboat Week is once again upon us and all of the community is being encouraged to take part.
The action packed event starts tomorrow (Saturday) and ends on Friday, July 10.
The annual street collection will take place in Beer tomorrow and the RNLI is appealing for collectors to help out on a rota basis between 9am and 5pm.
A fundraising coffee morning will also be held during the collection from 10am until noon in the Mariners Hall.
The 4th Annual Duck Race Day will take place on Sunday and it includes a Duck Art Competition and entries should be taken to the sales kiosk or the duck race finish for judging by 2pm.
Heats of the duck races will go down Beer Brook and these will begin at 3pm.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 9 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
Ducks can be sponsored to win the races at �1 each and prizes for the heats plus the grand final have been donated by Beer businesses.
Subject to weather and operational requirements there will be a visit by Lyme Regis and Exmouth Lifeboats at around 2.30pm and the first duck race will be started by a member of the crew.
On Wednesday a coffee morning will be held from 10am until noon at the Mariners Hall.
And to end the week a quiz night will be hosted by Beer Social Club on Friday at 7.30pm for 8pm. Entry is �1 per person and teams of four are invited to take part. There will be a RNLI Shield for the winning team.
Donations for Beer Lifeboat Week prizes would be gratefully received and people are asked to bring them along on the day.