Beer opens up coach park to locals
Residents will be offered new parking spaces in Beer for �250 after the council decided to open up the coach park to cars.
Beer Parish Council arranged for a sub committee meeting to discuss plans for Townsend Coach Park, and will make 10 new spaces available from April.
A spokesman for Beer Parish Council said: “The council is keen to use this as an opportunity to help alleviate some of the on-street parking problems in Beer for local residents.”
The park, which was a recent acquisition from East Devon District Council, currently provides parking for visiting coaches.
It also has a limited number of restricted parking bays for cars and commercial vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
But as the current restrictions for cars are between 9am to 6pm from April 1 to September 30, the parish council acknowledges parking for residents ‘can be problematic’.
Councillors are keen to try and maximise the space at the Townsend site for Beer locals, so from April 1, extra parking will be available for �250 a year including VAT.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
Beer Parish Council will continue to offer coach parking but will also offer 24-hour parking for cars in 10 marked bays.
The priority for the parking permits will be given to those on the electoral roll.
The spokesman said details of the new parking opportunities will be made widely available as the parish council is keen to gauge local interest.
Anyone wishing to be considered for a parking permit should contact the council clerk by email at email@example.com, or in writing to Fairview, Southleigh, Colyton, Devon EX24 6JA.