Beer Panto delight
BEER Panto People are delighted with the audience s reaction to their latest pantomime. The group performed their take on Aladdin over three nights last week and director, Audrey Tims, was thrilled with people s comments. She said: It went extremely well
BEER Panto People are delighted with the audience's reaction to their latest pantomime.
The group performed their take on Aladdin over three nights last week and director, Audrey Tims, was thrilled with people's comments.
She said: "It went extremely well. Thursday night was virtually full and both Friday and Saturday were almost full as well. It was really good considering two other pantomimes were on at the same time.
"The cast was absolutely excellent and so was everybody on the production side of it.
"We had an extremely positive response from the audience. Everyone said how much they enjoyed it.
"Some people hadn't been to a pantomime for years and they laughed their heads off.
- 1 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 2 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 3 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 4 Amateur dramatic society present 'tried and tested' comedy
- 5 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 6 Get ready to dive into Sidmouth's Sea Fest
- 7 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 8 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 9 'If I were a tree' - children's writing competition invites entries
- 10 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
"I would like to thank the cast for their performances on stage and for helping with scenery and painting. They all worked extremely hard."
The group is already planning their AGM for the end of March or early April when they will decide on next year's panto.
Aside from this they will also be discussing which local groups they should support- by donating the proceeds they made from last week's performances.
Audrey added: "We would like to hear from local organisations with projects coming up which they need financial help with."
If you would like to put a group forward please contact Audrey on (01297) 20048.