Beer Pupils' X Factor wins cash for charity
PUPILS from Beer Primary School showed they certainly have the X Factor after they took part in a competition to raise money for Children in Need earlier this month. Throughout the day, which was devoted to fundraising activities for the charity, the chil
PUPILS from Beer Primary School showed they certainly have the X Factor after they took part in a competition to raise money for Children in Need earlier this month.
Throughout the day, which was devoted to fundraising activities for the charity, the children raised £150.
In the X Factor competition, each class put together three acts and performed in front of a specially selected panel of judges, who fortunately were not as nasty as Simon Cowell.
The acts were whittled down from 12 acts, 3 per class to four overall winners.
You may also want to watch:
The successful performers of the competition will perform at the school's production of Cinderella Rock-a-fella in the Mariners Hall on Friday, December 12 at 2pm and Monday, December 15 at 6.30pm.
The children also took part in a 'Bad Hair Day' where they were allowed to don some weird and wonderful hairdos for the day.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Judy Cullip, a teacher at Beer Primary School, said: "It was just a brilliant day and it was full of talent.
"The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and they all participated in the day.
"Within the story, Cinderella Rock-a-fella, there is an agent looking for the next big thing. The four acts will be performing in the show for the agent as their prize for winning the competition.