Beer Regatta Week fun
THE sun shone on Beer during the rest of the village s action-packed Regatta Week attracting tourists and visitors alike. Activities included live jungle puppets, a talk by Sidmouth Lifeboat, pebble painting and numerous entertainment. The pavement arti
THE sun shone on Beer during the rest of the village's action-packed Regatta Week attracting tourists and visitors alike.
Activities included live jungle puppets, a talk by Sidmouth Lifeboat, pebble painting and numerous entertainment.
The pavement artist competition was won by Evie Rodgers, Alfie Matthews, Carly Sienko and Charlie Bond. Marc Newton was crowned Arm Wrestling champion. The junior spoofing cup was won by Alfie Sanders and the adult winner was Paul Vine.
Regatta day was opened by Colin Westlake, pictured right, and Princess Phoebe Grief with her attendants Jessica Boulton and Evie Seller.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Barry, publicity officer, said: "Several children were seen scouting the beach for the Scavenger Hunt, while the sailors prepared for their day of races. The day came to climatic end with a wonderful firework display on the beach, courtesy of Farnham Fireworks.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local