Beer Regatta Week fun
THE sun shone on Beer during the rest of the village s action-packed Regatta Week attracting tourists and visitors alike. Activities included live jungle puppets, a talk by Sidmouth Lifeboat, pebble painting and numerous entertainment. The pavement arti
THE sun shone on Beer during the rest of the village's action-packed Regatta Week attracting tourists and visitors alike.
Activities included live jungle puppets, a talk by Sidmouth Lifeboat, pebble painting and numerous entertainment.
The pavement artist competition was won by Evie Rodgers, Alfie Matthews, Carly Sienko and Charlie Bond. Marc Newton was crowned Arm Wrestling champion. The junior spoofing cup was won by Alfie Sanders and the adult winner was Paul Vine.
Regatta day was opened by Colin Westlake, pictured right, and Princess Phoebe Grief with her attendants Jessica Boulton and Evie Seller.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Barry, publicity officer, said: "Several children were seen scouting the beach for the Scavenger Hunt, while the sailors prepared for their day of races. The day came to climatic end with a wonderful firework display on the beach, courtesy of Farnham Fireworks.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98