Beer restaurant wins award and more news.
The Barrel O’ Beer restaurant has been awarded a silver medal in the Taste of the West Awards. Read this and more news
SERVICE: On Sunday, October 30 St Winifred’s Church in Branscombe will be holding a special service at 11.15am to remember local residents’ loved ones who have died. There is a list in the church for names which will then be read out during the service. It will also be possible for people to come out during the service and light a candle in memory of loved ones.
FLOWERS: This year’s Charm Show in Beer will take place on a Saturday rather than the usual Sunday, but, as in the past, will be held in the Mariners Hall on November 5. Anybody who requires 2011’s Flower Show Schedule for the village, there is a flyer available in the Village Stores.
You may also want to watch:
ENTERTAINMENT: The Branscombe Players are presenting an evening of light entertainment as part of the Branscombe Project’s Second World War Exhibition on Wednesday at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �5 from the Post Office or on the door at the event. The annual players’ lunch has been postponed and will now take place at the Ship at Axmouth on Saturday, November 26, contact Linda Hughes for details. Everyone is welcome whether members or not.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
AWARD: The Barrel O’ Beer restaurant has been awarded a silver medal in the Taste of the West Awards. Last year the Fore Street establishment won a bronze award in its first attempt, but has managed to improve on that performance this year. Luke Hunt from the Barrel said he now hopes they can continue the year-on-year success and go one better with a gold medal in the dining pub section of next year’s awards.
BRIC A BRAC: The Branscombe Mother and Toddler group would like good quality bric-a-brac for a future sale. Contact either Andrea Bass on 01297 680447, or Emily Hughes on 01297 680675 for collections.