Beer RNLI volunteer appeal
AS the fundraising season at Beer s RNLI hut comes to a close for another year, volunteers are already being sought for early 2010. Audrey Tims, souvenir secretary for the Seaton and Beer branch, is keen to hear from anyone who is willing to give up some
AS the fundraising season at Beer's RNLI hut comes to a close for another year, volunteers are already being sought for early 2010.
Audrey Tims, souvenir secretary for the Seaton and Beer branch, is keen to hear from anyone who is willing to give up some spare time every week.
She particularly would like people with transport to come forward to help during 'outside events'.
Audrey, of Park Road, said: "We are always looking for volunteers to help in the Lifeboat Hut but especially for fundraising events, such as coffee mornings and street collections. This is where we get stuck.
You may also want to watch:
"People don't need to work a certain amount of hours, just what they can afford, and we are very flexible."
To volunteer or for more information ring Audrey on (01297) 20048.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again