Beer's Flower Show
Saturday, August 9 - ORGANISERS of this year s Beer and District Horticultural Society s Flower Show, exhibiting a multitude of unusual flowers and designs, have crowned it a raving success.
ORGANISERS of this year's Beer and District Horticultural Society's Flower Show, exhibiting a multitude of unusual flowers and designs, have crowned it a raving success.
The showcase had over a hundred different classes displaying their wares and teaching techniques for everything from painting classes to home craft classes and even a robust wine section.
The flowers were displayed all around the Mariner's Hall and ranged from cut flowers to vegetables to plants.
Ursula Makepeace, Chairman of the society, said: "It was a very good atmosphere and it was very well attended.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a plant sale, a book sale and lots of wonderful exhibits.
"We were disappointed there was no more interest from the children and we are looking for more people to enter their knit and crochet pieces for the home craft exhibits next year."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
Each class were given a top prize, which were sponsored by local businesses and residents.
Joy Hartnell won Beer Lady for most points in the show.
The next event will be the annual charm show on November 2.