Beer shop assistant fined �80 for serving youth booze
A SHOP assistant in Beer has been fined �80 for serving alcohol to a youth. Seaton Police and trading standards carried out a joint operation on Friday, October 30. A 15-year-old entered eight licensed premises in Seaton, Colyton and Beer – and two served
A SHOP assistant in Beer has been fined �80 for serving alcohol to a youth.
Seaton Police and trading standards carried out a joint operation on Friday, October 30.
A 15-year-old entered eight licensed premises in Seaton, Colyton and Beer - and two served alcohol to the youngster.
Neighbourhood beat manager PC Speariett said: "I am very disappointed that a licensed premise in Beer and Colyton served alcohol to a 15-year-old youth.
You may also want to watch:
"I will be paying particular attention to these premises in the future and will robustly police any breaches, which will be reported to the licensing department."
PC Roy Hutter added: "I am pleased that the majority of premises we tested are selling responsibly and in accordance with the regulations. Those that didn't immediately received �80 fines.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
"Underage drinking is an area that we are focusing on and we want to ensure that alcohol is as difficult as possible for minors to get hold of.
"The consumption of alcohol by young people often leads to anti social behaviour and can be one of the main causes of concern for residents."
If anyone has information about the supply of alcohol to young people, they can call the Seaton Neighbourhood Beat Team on (01297) 626700.