Beer to compete in Village of the Year final
- Credit: Archant
Viewers will find out this weekend if Beer has triumphed to become the country’s village of the year.
Actress Penelope Keith is hosting Channel 4’s new show and along with judges Alex Langlands, Juliet Sergeant and Patrick Grant have toured the country to find out the very best of what village life has to offer.
In the lead up to the final the judges have complemented Beer’s fishing and lace making heritage as well as its community spirit.
The village saw off Sherston, Clovelly and Llanllyfni in the heats before being facing Aberdaron, Mousehole, Colwinston and Polperro in the semi final.
The winner of the competition will win the prestigious title and £10,000 to spend on a community project.
You may also want to watch:
If triumphant, Beer residents look to spend the prize money on improving the play area on The Jubilee.
The grand final will take place on Saturday at 8pm on Channel 4.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start