Beer welcomes Aladdin
MAGIC carpets and a genie in a bottle are sure to wow the crowds when Beer Panto People stage their forthcoming performance next week. Months of preparation and hard-slog have allowed the members of the group to produce a high-energetic, comedic take on t
MAGIC carpets and a genie in a bottle are sure to wow the crowds when Beer Panto People stage their forthcoming performance next week.
Months of preparation and hard-slog have allowed the members of the group to produce a high-energetic, comedic take on the popular Aladdin show.
The final tweaks are now being made to costumes and scenery in time for the dress rehearsals and the cast are building up for their debut performance.
Audrey Tims, director, said: "You will get the usual traditional Beer pantomime with a couple of little twists in it. There is pretty much a whole new cast, producer, scenery people which will add a breath of fresh air. There are some youngsters in the panto which will be nice."
The group is made up of nearly 30 local people of all ages and Audrey is sure that the ensemble of performers will make it an enjoyable experience for all.
She added: "Rehearsals have gone very well and everyone is very keen and enthusiastic. It will be up to our usual standard."
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 5 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 6 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 7 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 8 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 9 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 10 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
The performance will take place at the Mariners Hall on Thursday, Friday and Saturday next week, February 19-21. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Tickets (�6.50 for adults and �4 for children) can be bought from the Village Store in Beer.
A fundraising coffee morning in aid of Beer Panto People will take place on Wednesday, February 18 from 10am-12noon in the Mariners Hall. There will be an exhibition with photographs and memorabilia from the group's last 30 years in existence. Refreshments will be served and a raffle with various donated prizes will take place.