Beer welcomes Aladdin
MAGIC carpets and a genie in a bottle are sure to wow the crowds when Beer Panto People stage their forthcoming performance next week. Months of preparation and hard-slog have allowed the members of the group to produce a high-energetic, comedic take on t
MAGIC carpets and a genie in a bottle are sure to wow the crowds when Beer Panto People stage their forthcoming performance next week.
Months of preparation and hard-slog have allowed the members of the group to produce a high-energetic, comedic take on the popular Aladdin show.
The final tweaks are now being made to costumes and scenery in time for the dress rehearsals and the cast are building up for their debut performance.
Audrey Tims, director, said: "You will get the usual traditional Beer pantomime with a couple of little twists in it. There is pretty much a whole new cast, producer, scenery people which will add a breath of fresh air. There are some youngsters in the panto which will be nice."
You may also want to watch:
The group is made up of nearly 30 local people of all ages and Audrey is sure that the ensemble of performers will make it an enjoyable experience for all.
She added: "Rehearsals have gone very well and everyone is very keen and enthusiastic. It will be up to our usual standard."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
The performance will take place at the Mariners Hall on Thursday, Friday and Saturday next week, February 19-21. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Tickets (�6.50 for adults and �4 for children) can be bought from the Village Store in Beer.
A fundraising coffee morning in aid of Beer Panto People will take place on Wednesday, February 18 from 10am-12noon in the Mariners Hall. There will be an exhibition with photographs and memorabilia from the group's last 30 years in existence. Refreshments will be served and a raffle with various donated prizes will take place.