Beer welcomes Aladdin
MAGIC carpets and a genie in a bottle are sure to wow the crowds when Beer Panto People stage their forthcoming performance next week. Months of preparation and hard-slog have allowed the members of the group to produce a high-energetic, comedic take on t
MAGIC carpets and a genie in a bottle are sure to wow the crowds when Beer Panto People stage their forthcoming performance next week.
Months of preparation and hard-slog have allowed the members of the group to produce a high-energetic, comedic take on the popular Aladdin show.
The final tweaks are now being made to costumes and scenery in time for the dress rehearsals and the cast are building up for their debut performance.
Audrey Tims, director, said: "You will get the usual traditional Beer pantomime with a couple of little twists in it. There is pretty much a whole new cast, producer, scenery people which will add a breath of fresh air. There are some youngsters in the panto which will be nice."
You may also want to watch:
The group is made up of nearly 30 local people of all ages and Audrey is sure that the ensemble of performers will make it an enjoyable experience for all.
She added: "Rehearsals have gone very well and everyone is very keen and enthusiastic. It will be up to our usual standard."
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
The performance will take place at the Mariners Hall on Thursday, Friday and Saturday next week, February 19-21. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Tickets (�6.50 for adults and �4 for children) can be bought from the Village Store in Beer.
A fundraising coffee morning in aid of Beer Panto People will take place on Wednesday, February 18 from 10am-12noon in the Mariners Hall. There will be an exhibition with photographs and memorabilia from the group's last 30 years in existence. Refreshments will be served and a raffle with various donated prizes will take place.