Beer women's RBL win award
BEER S Women Section of the Royal British Legion had a double celebration after receiving an award and collecting over �2,500 for the Poppy Appeal.
BEER'S Women Section of the Royal British Legion had a double celebration after receiving an award and collecting over �2,500 for the Poppy Appeal.
The branch received the accolade of runner-up in the Glanvil Salver for branch efficiency which they collected at a meeting in Tiverton recently.
They are dedicating the award to Joan Lawrence, secretary of the branch, who died in April aged 83.
Pat Bewick, Beer' Poppy Appeal organiser, said: "She was a very valued member of our team and we wanted to honour her."
You may also want to watch:
In the last few weeks, the branch has also raised �2,583 for the Poppy Appeal through house-to-house collections, donations boxes and a coffee morning.
Pat added: "We are really pleased by the amount given and we would like to thank all of the people of Beer who contributed to the fund."
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
There are 18 members of the branch and are always looking for new people to join. For more information ring Pat on (01297) 21954.