Behind the Scenes day at Sidmouth Museum
A Behind the Scenes day at Sidmouth Museum will give people the chance to meet its curator and volunteers who care for the many artefacts stored there.
A 'Behind the Scenes' day at Sidmouth Museum will give people the chance to meet its curator and volunteers who care for the many artefacts stored there.
Held on Wednesday, May 20, there will be advice on the preservation of objects in the collections, including photographs, between 1.30am and 2.30pm.
The day begins at 10.30am with a discussion on the museum's unusual objects. This is repeated at 12.30pm.
Beryl McIndoe will describe the history behind some of the beautiful costumes displayed between 10.30am and 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Explore the Jurassic Coast from 2.30pm and 3.30pm, looking at many specimens held by the museum, and have the history brought to life by its curator, Dr Bob Symes.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank