Behind the Scenes day at Sidmouth Museum
A Behind the Scenes day at Sidmouth Museum will give people the chance to meet its curator and volunteers who care for the many artefacts stored there.
A 'Behind the Scenes' day at Sidmouth Museum will give people the chance to meet its curator and volunteers who care for the many artefacts stored there.
Held on Wednesday, May 20, there will be advice on the preservation of objects in the collections, including photographs, between 1.30am and 2.30pm.
The day begins at 10.30am with a discussion on the museum's unusual objects. This is repeated at 12.30pm.
Beryl McIndoe will describe the history behind some of the beautiful costumes displayed between 10.30am and 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Explore the Jurassic Coast from 2.30pm and 3.30pm, looking at many specimens held by the museum, and have the history brought to life by its curator, Dr Bob Symes.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth