Jazz violinist Ben Holder joins Pete Allen at Sidmouth concert
- Credit: Archant
The young jazz violinist Ben Holder is the guest musician at Pete Allen’s jazz session at Sidholme Hotel on Sunday, October 27.
He has been described as 'one of the most gifted and exciting young jazz violinists in the UK', and the last time he performed at the Sidholme Hotel music room, it was packed to capacity.
Ben Holder studied classical piano and violin from the age of six, and attended the Birmingham Conservatoire.
During his studies he discovered jazz, and analysed the techniques of the great masters including Stephane Grapelli, as he developed his own flamboyant style of playing.
The concert will start at 3pm, with doors opening at 2.30pm. Admission is £14.50.
You may also want to watch:
Pete Allen's autobiography will be available for sale, along with tickets for his '65th Birthday Bash' weekend at Sidholme Hotel on Friday, November 22 and Saturday 23.
Jazz in the Afternoon on Sunday, November 24 is sold out.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start