Benji the collie needs a forever home
- Credit: Archant
A collie, who has spent most of his life in a kennel, desperately wants to find a family.
Despite pleas through the Herald to help find his forever home no interest has been shown in Benji.
A nervous chap, he is very affectionate once you get to know him. He is around two years old and has been with Arc Animal Rescue Centre, in Ottery, since he was just six months old.
Crystal Scott, Arc’s manager, said: “Benji needs a very special home. He needs a home with a calm environment with people who are experienced dog owners in general. Once you get to know him he is so affectionate and lovely. He has never been ill treated and has never hurt anybody. He is just very nervous so until he feels safe with you, you can’t really take him out.”
Benji loves walks and playing with his ball. He would enjoy living with another dog – but not with children or cats.
You may also want to watch:
Visit arcrescue.co.uk or call the centre on 01404 815487 and share Benji’s story as widely as possible.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites