Bespoke jewellery shop opens in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A jewellery designer is creating precious memories of Sidmouth in her new shop.
Mena Baker has just opened up in Libra Court, working in silver, gold and palladium to create bespoke pieces and embellishing them with diamonds and other stones.
She also repairs and remodels jewellery that may hold sentimental value so that it better suits owners’ tastes.
“I came to Sidmouth because I always had it in mind that it’s the perfect place,” said Mena. “I’ve had a really good response so far, and taken a few commissions.”
She said Libra Court approached her with the vacant shop last month after she made enquiries earlier in the year.
Exmouth-born Mena developed her interest in art and design while at school in Exeter before going on to train under master craftsmen in Italy.
The 27-year-old returned to Devon and worked as an apprentice in Budleigh, but soon decided she wanted to try and make it on her own.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Rugby classics in exotic locations