Bespoke jewellery shop opens in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A jewellery designer is creating precious memories of Sidmouth in her new shop.
Mena Baker has just opened up in Libra Court, working in silver, gold and palladium to create bespoke pieces and embellishing them with diamonds and other stones.
She also repairs and remodels jewellery that may hold sentimental value so that it better suits owners’ tastes.
“I came to Sidmouth because I always had it in mind that it’s the perfect place,” said Mena. “I’ve had a really good response so far, and taken a few commissions.”
She said Libra Court approached her with the vacant shop last month after she made enquiries earlier in the year.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth-born Mena developed her interest in art and design while at school in Exeter before going on to train under master craftsmen in Italy.
The 27-year-old returned to Devon and worked as an apprentice in Budleigh, but soon decided she wanted to try and make it on her own.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future