Best beach donkey battle!
SIDMOUTH Donkey Sanctuary will next week announce the winners of the 2008 Britain s Best Beach Donkey competition. The creme de la crème of the donkey world will be scrutinized by national judge and Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary employee, Jenifer Tucker.
SIDMOUTH Donkey Sanctuary will next week announce the winners of the 2008 Britain's Best Beach Donkey competition.
The 'creme de la crème' of the donkey world will be scrutinized by national judge and Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary employee, Jenifer Tucker.
She said: "I'm really looking forward to this year's judging. I've heard that all the beach operators have worked hard throughout the year to reach this stage of the competition."
The annual competition, organised by Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary, has been running since 2003 and aims to recognise high standards of animal welfare.
You may also want to watch:
The donkeys and their owners have been judged in regional heats and the winners will now appear in the national competition.
Miss Tucker, who has been a supporter of the charity for 20 years, has been travelling the length and breadth of England and Wales since Tuesday to examine the donkeys, and the nail-biting results are expected on Monday, September 1.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
She added: "The awards are based on the donkey's welfare so I'll be checking their hooves, teeth and eyes as well as the condition of their tack.
"Above all the winner should be gentle and placid in nature as well as enjoying their work."
There are three national titles that will be rewarded to the lucky winners- best individual beach donkey, the best group of beach donkeys and a new award, best trimmed feet.
The owners will be awarded trophies and rosettes and the donkeys won't go away empty hooved as a plentiful amount of carrots will be supplied.