Bible exhibition at Sidmouth Baptist church
International speaker visits Sidmouth for Emmanuel Baptist Church Bible celebrations
AS part of Sidmouth’s celebrations of the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible, a Bible exhibition will take place at Emmanuel Baptist Church, Sidmouth next week.
Run and owned by curator Tristan Macdonald, it will open for school visits from 9.20am to 3pm from Monday, October 17 to Thursday, October 20 and to the public from 3pm to 5.30pm.
An illuminated facsimile of the first book ever printed, a 1455 Bible, produced by Johannes Gutenberg, will be on show, together with a copy of the 1953 Coronation Bible and the smallest bible in the world, whose text fits on to a postage stamp.
There will be a chance to take your Bible to the exhibition and win a prize if it is the oldest.
You may also want to watch:
For one night only, Dr John Blanchard, internationally known author and speaker will be at the church on Wednesday, October 19, from 7.30pm talking on Where is God when things go wrong?
The evening is free and there will be a chance to ask questions and buy books.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League
He has written 30 books during his 50 years as a full time Bible teacher and lecturer.