Bicton College open day success
Thousands flock to Bicton College country fair and open day
FROM horse boarding and kayaking to wheelbarrow races, Bicton College open day and country fair on Saturday was a real family affair.
Several thousand people, of all ages, enjoyed the attractions and rain held off for the event.
While older children and teenagers enjoyed the thrills of the Adventure Zone, with activities such as canoeing on the lake, zip wire, climbing wall, river crossing and mountain bike course, youngsters were drawn to the animals on show, bouncy castle, face painting and tractor and trailer rides around the grounds.
There was a family dog show and a leaf blower assault course and visitors could also enjoy meeting the Bicton baby animals, watch sheep shearing and take the tractor driving challenge.
Event organiser Jessica Oates said: “It’s a really good family event that grows in popularity year on year.
“It’s a great opportunity for students and staff to show off what they can do and what the college is all about.”
- 1 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 2 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 3 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 6 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 9 Artist's collection of life's work on show this winter
- 10 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic