Bicton College open day success
Thousands flock to Bicton College country fair and open day
FROM horse boarding and kayaking to wheelbarrow races, Bicton College open day and country fair on Saturday was a real family affair.
Several thousand people, of all ages, enjoyed the attractions and rain held off for the event.
While older children and teenagers enjoyed the thrills of the Adventure Zone, with activities such as canoeing on the lake, zip wire, climbing wall, river crossing and mountain bike course, youngsters were drawn to the animals on show, bouncy castle, face painting and tractor and trailer rides around the grounds.
There was a family dog show and a leaf blower assault course and visitors could also enjoy meeting the Bicton baby animals, watch sheep shearing and take the tractor driving challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Jessica Oates said: “It’s a really good family event that grows in popularity year on year.
“It’s a great opportunity for students and staff to show off what they can do and what the college is all about.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride