Bid to rebuild Newton Poppleford home after blaze
- Credit: Archant
A Newton Poppleford home ‘substantially’ damaged by fire will be demolished and rebuilt if a planning application is approved.
Firefighters from across East Devon were called to Little Down Orchard last July after reports of a blaze in a garage, which had spread to the adjoining bungalow.
It took five hours to bring the fire under control and the surrounding homes were evacuated for the residents’ safety.
The roof of the bungalow was completely destroyed and there was some damaged to a neighbouring house.
The planning application says they home will be rebuilt using the same materials.
You may also want to watch:
It will reconnect to the main sewer and the number of bedrooms and parking spaces will remain unchanged.
East Devon District Council will determine the proposals.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman