Biggest ever Ottery Christmas Tree Festival set to open
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Ottery Christmas Tree Festival is to be the biggest yet.
There will be 58 trees on display in the parish church, each one decorated by a local business, club or other organisation in its chosen style.
It is the highest number of trees since the Friends of Ottery St Mary Parish Church started the festival nine years ago.
The festival runs from Wednesday, November 27 until Saturday, November 30.
The opening hours are from 11am until 5pm, but the church will be staying open until 8pm on Friday, November 29, to coincide with Ottery Late Night Shopping.
You may also want to watch:
Morning tea and coffee will be available, along with hot lunches of home-made soup, and afternoon tea.
The trees can be viewed on Sunday, December 1, between the church services, but no refreshments will be available.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Entry is free but donations will be greatly appreciated.
The Ottery St Mary Hand Bell ringers will be playing seasonal music on Thursday morning, on Friday between 4pm and 6pm and on Saturday morning.