Birthday skydive boosts Hospiscare
A DAD leapt at 15,000ft out of a plane on his 40th birthday so he could hand Sidmouth Hospiscare a cash gift to thank the cause for caring for his mum. Spencer Macklin raised £920 with a charity skydive.
“I wanted to do something different for my 40th and raise money for Sidmouth Hospiscare,” said Spencer when he handed a cheque to the nurses at the charity.
“It was fantastic!”
He expressed his gratitude to friends and family for their support and to Sidmouth and Honiton golf clubs for sponsoring him.
“The biggest thank you is to Sidmouth Hospiscare and their nurses for caring for my mum,” said Spencer, who flew through the air at 200ft per second watched by his wife, daughter and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Craig, a Sidmouth Hospiscare trustee, thanked Spencer for his effort and said the money would help to provide nursing care and support for those with life-limiting illnesses in the Sid Valley.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival