Birthday skydive boosts Hospiscare
A DAD leapt at 15,000ft out of a plane on his 40th birthday so he could hand Sidmouth Hospiscare a cash gift to thank the cause for caring for his mum. Spencer Macklin raised £920 with a charity skydive.
“I wanted to do something different for my 40th and raise money for Sidmouth Hospiscare,” said Spencer when he handed a cheque to the nurses at the charity.
“It was fantastic!”
He expressed his gratitude to friends and family for their support and to Sidmouth and Honiton golf clubs for sponsoring him.
“The biggest thank you is to Sidmouth Hospiscare and their nurses for caring for my mum,” said Spencer, who flew through the air at 200ft per second watched by his wife, daughter and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Craig, a Sidmouth Hospiscare trustee, thanked Spencer for his effort and said the money would help to provide nursing care and support for those with life-limiting illnesses in the Sid Valley.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon