Birthday skydive boosts Hospiscare
A DAD leapt at 15,000ft out of a plane on his 40th birthday so he could hand Sidmouth Hospiscare a cash gift to thank the cause for caring for his mum. Spencer Macklin raised £920 with a charity skydive.
“I wanted to do something different for my 40th and raise money for Sidmouth Hospiscare,” said Spencer when he handed a cheque to the nurses at the charity.
“It was fantastic!”
He expressed his gratitude to friends and family for their support and to Sidmouth and Honiton golf clubs for sponsoring him.
“The biggest thank you is to Sidmouth Hospiscare and their nurses for caring for my mum,” said Spencer, who flew through the air at 200ft per second watched by his wife, daughter and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Craig, a Sidmouth Hospiscare trustee, thanked Spencer for his effort and said the money would help to provide nursing care and support for those with life-limiting illnesses in the Sid Valley.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open