Bishop of Crediton to license associate priest in Sid Valley
- Credit: Archant
Christians from across the Sid Valley will gather at Sidmouth Parish Church on Sunday (February 26) as the Bishop of Crediton licenses an associate priest.
The Reverend Annita Denny has lived in the town for many years, and while she will be based at St Giles and St Nicholas, her ministry will be to all of the Church of England churches in the Sid Valley.
She was previously curate in the churches of Budleigh Salterton and its neighbouring villages, following her ordination in 2013.
She will be licensed by the Right Rev’d Dame Sarah Mullally, one of the first women bishops to be consecrated in the Church of England. She was consecrated by Archbishop Justin Welby in Canterbury Cathedral in July 2015, following a distinguished nursing career that saw her appointed a Dame Commander of the British Empire.
There is an open invitation for 6pm on Sunday to everyone to join the celebration, to hear Bishop Sarah’s address, and to meet Annita and Bishop Sarah.
You may also want to watch:
Annita is said to be very much looking forward to greeting old and new friends as she embarks on her new ministry in Sidmouth.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout