Blitz event this weekend
Families will be able to listen to authentic tales from the Exeter Blitz, in a special free Family Day at RAMM in Exeter Library on Saturday, September 27. They will have the chance to handle original and replica World War Two items and pore over importa
Families will be able to listen to authentic tales from the Exeter Blitz, in a special free Family Day at RAMM in Exeter Library on Saturday, September 27.
They will have the chance to handle original and replica World War Two items and pore over important maps, documents and books.
As part of the National Year of Reading, the day will inspire families to explore this fascinating period of Exeter's history.
Local story teller and Air Raid Warden, Steve Manning, will offer short interactive sessions encouraging the audience to participate in telling the stories.
You may also want to watch:
Books from the lending library, maps and documents from the West Country Studies Library and objects RAMM's handling collections will combine to give a multi-sensory experience of what life was like in Exeter during the blitz.
The free family story day will run from 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30 to 3.30 pm at RAMM in the Library, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum's new gallery next to Exeter Central Library.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman