Blood donors needed to give Christmas boost
NHS appeals for blood donors to help boost December stocks before bad weather onset
AN appeal for blood donors of O Rh negative (O-) and B Rh negative (B-) groups to give blood in the run up to Christmas, has been made by NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT).
With the probable onset of bad weather, NHSBT wants to boost stocks of these groups now to ensure stocks are maintained at a constant level for January.
Jon Latham, assistant director for Marketing and Donor Contact Service at NHSBT, said: “We would like to reassure everyone that blood stocks are not low and patient care has not been affected in any way.”
Blood from O- donors can be given to patients with a different blood group.
You may also want to watch:
Potential donors must be 17 - 65, weigh over 50kg and be in general good health. Call (0300) 1232323 or view www.blood.co.uk online.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop