Blood donors needed to give Christmas boost
NHS appeals for blood donors to help boost December stocks before bad weather onset
AN appeal for blood donors of O Rh negative (O-) and B Rh negative (B-) groups to give blood in the run up to Christmas, has been made by NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT).
With the probable onset of bad weather, NHSBT wants to boost stocks of these groups now to ensure stocks are maintained at a constant level for January.
Jon Latham, assistant director for Marketing and Donor Contact Service at NHSBT, said: “We would like to reassure everyone that blood stocks are not low and patient care has not been affected in any way.”
Blood from O- donors can be given to patients with a different blood group.
You may also want to watch:
Potential donors must be 17 - 65, weigh over 50kg and be in general good health. Call (0300) 1232323 or view www.blood.co.uk online.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity