Bloom entries wanted for Sidmouth contest
ENTRIES for this year s Sidmouth in Bloom contest are beginning to trickle in and the committee is hoping for a good number before judging in July.
ENTRIES for this year's Sidmouth in Bloom contest are beginning to trickle in and the committee is hoping for a good number before judging in July.
President Joy Seward has suggested running a competition between streets in Sidmouth, with someone responsible for seeing weeds and litter are cleared and streets look good before the week of judging, starting Monday, July 20.
"I have written to Richard Eley, chairman of the Chamber of Commerce, and he is going to talk to his members about this suggestion," said Joy.
"The committee is working well together and working very hard towards this. We just want everyone to join in."
She added: "If we can all work together in this way and try to fulfil all the requirements of the Britain in Bloom competition, via the South West section, we will be able to enter in 2010.
"The judges don't miss a thing. We must see that there is nothing for them to notice, only what we want them to notice."
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 5 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
* You can deliver entries to Sidmouth in Bloom c/o 4Homes, 12-14 High Street, Sidmouth, or send them to the Sidmouth Herald, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, near Exeter, Devon, EX5 2UL.