Plans submitted to convert pub’s car park into houses
- Credit: Archant
New houses could be built in the car park of Sidford’s Blue Ball Inn after a planning application was submitted to East Devon District Council.
The application would see three two--storey, detached houses added to the eastern side of the car park.
The car park is across the road from the pub and can currently hold 82 cars but that number would reduce to 53 if the plans are approved.
The houses would include brickwork elevations with stained weatherboarding, white painted timber casement windows and clay tile pitched roofs.
Applications documents say the current car park is ‘underused and considered surplus to requirements by the inn’.
You may also want to watch:
The documents state the planned development is compatible with the local surroundings.
The application will be debated at the meeting of the town council’s planning committee on Wednesday 20 March, and decided by the district council at a later date.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead