Bob raises £400 with New Year’s Day walk from Sidmouth to Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
A brisk New Year’s Day walk through the elements has raised more than £400 for multiple sclerosis (MS) research.
Bob Baker, from Exmouth, has been pulling on his walking boots for the last 19 years for a 14-mile trek from Sidmouth to Exmouth in aid of MS charities.
The passionate fundraiser has been supporting the cause for nearly five decades and was once again joined by his friend Bob Richards and springer spaniel Bertie.
The group set off at 8.25am and headed up Peak Hill, through Otterton, East Budleigh and Budleigh Salterton before reaching the finishing point in Exmouth in three-and-a-half hours.
Bob, 64, began fundraising after a family member was diagnosed with MS. He will donate the proceeds to MS Research in Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Bob said: “It was quite chilly, the roads were flooded and we were absolutely soaked. We were celebrating the new year by helping others, but having a good time ourselves.
“I want the money to go to somewhere it is really needed, which is research and education.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
Anyone interested in donating can visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/miles-baker