Bob’s new year walk from Sidmouth raises £300 for MS Research
- Credit: Archant
A passionate fundraiser has raised more than £300 for multiple sclerosis research after completing his sponsored New Years Day walk.
Bob Baker completed the route with his friend Bob Richards and his springer spaniel Bertie from Sidmouth to Exmouth in three-and-a-half hours.
The Exmouth resident pulls on his walking boots every New Year’s Day for the 14-mile-trek in aid of multiple sclerosis charities.
Bob, 63, has been raising money for different causes for more than 40 years, after a family member was diagnosed with the condition.
The Exmouth said: “It feels good to be alive when you walk up Peak Hill, its good to know you can still do it. That’s my way of contributing, the new year its about getting up and about to raise money for multiple sclerosis.”
You may also want to watch:
This year he has chosen to raise money for Bristol based charity MS Research.
Abi Wiltshire, fundraising manager at MS Research, said: “We are so grateful to the Bobs and Bertie for their incredible efforts - that’s a very steep hill, let alone on New Year’s Day.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 9 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
To donate to the charity, email email@example.com