Body found in car following fire near Sidmouth, police confirm
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a body was found in a car that was on fire outside Tipton St John yesterday (Tuesday).
Emergency services were called to Seaway Lane just before 1.30pm.
Two fire appliances attended and extinguished the flames, which were almost out on their arrival.
Duty of care was left with the police.
A spokesman said this afternoon (Wednesday): “Police can confirm that a body of an adult was located inside the car.
You may also want to watch:
“The identification of the deceased has yet to take place, and police are currently investigating.”
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways