Boots hope to reassure concerns over street cleanliness
- Credit: Archant
The national chain has issued a statement in regards to cleaning the street outside of its shop front.
Last week we ran a story about the cleanliness of streets in the town centre and the national chain Boots was one of the stores highlighted for criticism.
In a town council meeting, Boots’ store on Fore Street was claimed to have never had its gutters cleaned out in 12 years and that weeds were beginning to grow.
There was also a suggestion from a councillor that large corporations do not care about street restoration due to it not having an immediate benefit to them and that the staff don’t care because ‘at the end of the day they’re paid a wage and just want to go home’.
Since publication, The Herald has raised the issue with the health and beauty company and a spokesperson clarfied: “Our gutters are cleaned regularly.
You may also want to watch:
“We put in a call to the maintenance team on Friday last week (November 9) for them to be cleaned again as soon as possible
“I hope that this will reassure any concerns.”
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb