Boots hope to reassure concerns over street cleanliness
- Credit: Archant
The national chain has issued a statement in regards to cleaning the street outside of its shop front.
Last week we ran a story about the cleanliness of streets in the town centre and the national chain Boots was one of the stores highlighted for criticism.
In a town council meeting, Boots’ store on Fore Street was claimed to have never had its gutters cleaned out in 12 years and that weeds were beginning to grow.
There was also a suggestion from a councillor that large corporations do not care about street restoration due to it not having an immediate benefit to them and that the staff don’t care because ‘at the end of the day they’re paid a wage and just want to go home’.
Since publication, The Herald has raised the issue with the health and beauty company and a spokesperson clarfied: “Our gutters are cleaned regularly.
You may also want to watch:
“We put in a call to the maintenance team on Friday last week (November 9) for them to be cleaned again as soon as possible
“I hope that this will reassure any concerns.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of