Booze-free month raises £200
- Credit: Sub
A WESTON student was inspired by her grandfather to give up alcohol for a month to raise money for charity.
Helen Poyntz, aged 19, raised £245.52 for Cancer Research UK.
She said: “My granddad passed near the beginning of the month, among other things he died with prostate cancer.
“This gave me motivation to do it.
“My godsister Alex Dalby also gave me inspiration because she also had cancer and survived it, so it was very personal for me to do this.
You may also want to watch:
“I was determined to stick with it for a whole month and I’m really happy with how much money I raised.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research