Booze-free month raises £200
- Credit: Sub
A WESTON student was inspired by her grandfather to give up alcohol for a month to raise money for charity.
Helen Poyntz, aged 19, raised £245.52 for Cancer Research UK.
She said: “My granddad passed near the beginning of the month, among other things he died with prostate cancer.
“This gave me motivation to do it.
“My godsister Alex Dalby also gave me inspiration because she also had cancer and survived it, so it was very personal for me to do this.
You may also want to watch:
“I was determined to stick with it for a whole month and I’m really happy with how much money I raised.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live