Border Force action off Beer and Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Border Force officers were in action off Beer and Seaton last week in what Home Office officials described as ‘routine operations’.
Their 42m cutter HMC Searcher anchored in the bay mid-morning last Thursday and deployed its high-powered Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) with four people on board.
Photographer Peter Woollacott, from Seaton, said the craft investigated Seaton Hole, Beer and Beer Head, together with Axmouth and the coastline towards Lyme Regis.
He said: “They were around for a couple of hours looking about. What were they looking for?
“It’s good to know our shores are protected, whilst it brings home global issues when you see this from the quiet East Devon coast.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman at The Home Office declined to give any further details about what the operation involved.
Border Force is a law enforcement agency which carries out immigration and customs controls for people and goods entering the UK.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of