Bowling club bonanza beckons
SIDMOUTH Bowling Club’s Bank Holiday Bonanza is just around the corner.
The club in Coburg Terrace is hosting its annual fundraiser on Monday, August 30. To publicise the event, vice-captain Bert Hague will be wandering around the town during the Bank Holiday weekend, wearing a promotional board. And that’s not the only new aspect to the 30-year-old event - the time has changed from the morning to 2pm.
Artistic club members have offered some of their works for sale on the day. “We looked at our list of bowlers and realised that many of them are artists too,” said Bert.
There will be a range of stalls, a tombola, home-made cakes, bric-a-brac, jewellery, books and toys on offer, and live music. Visitors can test their bowls skills in a target game, guess the weight of the cake and pay 50p for the chance to win a bundle of luxury towels worth �25 from department store Fields. First prize in the raffle is a weekend stay at the Manor Hotel, Exmouth. Other prizes include a meal for two at Dukes and a haircut at Total Fx Beauty.
The most ever raised was �3,700. The bulk of the profits goes to club funds, but a percentage goes to a charity chosen after the event.
You may also want to watch:
Bert said: “It’s always fun and the weather is always good.”
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park