Bowling club bonanza beckons
SIDMOUTH Bowling Club’s Bank Holiday Bonanza is just around the corner.
The club in Coburg Terrace is hosting its annual fundraiser on Monday, August 30. To publicise the event, vice-captain Bert Hague will be wandering around the town during the Bank Holiday weekend, wearing a promotional board. And that’s not the only new aspect to the 30-year-old event - the time has changed from the morning to 2pm.
Artistic club members have offered some of their works for sale on the day. “We looked at our list of bowlers and realised that many of them are artists too,” said Bert.
There will be a range of stalls, a tombola, home-made cakes, bric-a-brac, jewellery, books and toys on offer, and live music. Visitors can test their bowls skills in a target game, guess the weight of the cake and pay 50p for the chance to win a bundle of luxury towels worth �25 from department store Fields. First prize in the raffle is a weekend stay at the Manor Hotel, Exmouth. Other prizes include a meal for two at Dukes and a haircut at Total Fx Beauty.
The most ever raised was �3,700. The bulk of the profits goes to club funds, but a percentage goes to a charity chosen after the event.
You may also want to watch:
Bert said: “It’s always fun and the weather is always good.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98